Saturday, June 13, 2009

Shenandoah National Park



We spent a recent Saturday exploring Shenandoah National Park. I foresee more trips to this beautiful place, so green and peaceful.

This is Dark Hollow Falls, about 70 feet high, and the easiest of several waterfalls to hike to. It's downhill all the way! Unfortunately, the return is a little more work, but not so bad, and definitely worth the trip.










We found wildflowers along the way. The Lady's Slipper Orchids were at the end of their bloom, we were happy just to find this one.

I couldn't find the name of this pretty plant, but I will...
There were multitudes of violets and other similar little flowers... this may be a Dogtooth Violet, but I'm not sure...

There are more pictures, but I've discovered my link to them isn't working - will post when I've figured out the problem...








No comments: